Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Savory and Yummy Mushroom Squares

I was very pleased with my first attempt at baking with mushrooms so when I saw a recipe for them in my new cookbook, I knew I had to try them. These were adapted from Muffins: Sweet and Savory Comfort Food and I couldn't be happier with the result! I used my square baking pan and the recipe made 12 cheesy squares. PERFECT savory snacks!




Ingredients: (12 squares)


1 c sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp butter
2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1 egg
1 c milk
1/2 shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 c olive oil


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking cups with cooking spray.


2. Melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms until tender, 10 minutes.


3. In a large bowl, combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, thyme and pepper.


4. In another bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients. Add in cheese and mushroom mixture. Stir just until moistened.


5. Fill cups using a large ice cream scoop. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...