Monday, May 17, 2010

I Bought a Squash

While it's not summer yet, I found some yellow squash on sale so I brought a few home. I guess I just wanted something different to play around with. I've been collecting some great baking books and this recipe was adapted from Pillsbury's Muffins and Quick Breads. It was called Cranberry Zucchini Bread but I turned it into Raisin Squash Bread. Same difference right? I actually shredded the squash myself instead of using my usual lazy food processor method! Aren't you proud of me? The bread came out super moist and the raisins gave it just the right amount of sweetness. I also added walnuts for an extra crunch and also cuz I add nuts to just about everything!




Ingredients:


1/2 c granulated sugar
1/3 c whole milk
1 Tbsp oil
1 egg
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Chai spice
1/2 c shredded squash
1/2 c raisins
1/4 chopped walnuts


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, milk oil and egg; mix well. Add the flour, baking powder and Chai spice; mix just until combined. Stir in squash, raisins and walnuts.


3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bak for 15-20 min or until light golden brown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that sounds delicious, I love zucchini bread!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...