Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fish Tacos for Cinco de Mayo!

We've been celebrating Cinco de Mayo all week but since we love Mexican food anyway, there's nothing wrong with that! I've been getting home pretty late these days so I wanted something quick and easy. When I saw that Gorton's now had Beer Battered Fillets, I knew we were having Fish Tacos! The fillets bake in the oven for just 25 minutes and they taste just like the deep-fried ones at the restaurant! Greg LOVES Rubio's Fish Tacos (and who doesn't?) so I tried to recreate their yummy white sauce. I mixed together about half a cup each of mayo and sour cream. Then I added about a quarter teaspoon each of cumin, cayenne and dill. When the fish was ready, I heated up my corn tortillas with some oil in a frying pan, 1 for each fillet (they're pretty big!) and topped them with coleslaw mix, the sauce and shredded CHEESE. They tasted VERY close to Rubio's, I swear! Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! I hope you got to enjoy some yummy Mexican food too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...