Monday, May 24, 2010

I Discovered Liquid Smoke!

I've seen Liquid Smoke used many times on The Food Network but have yet to try it myself. Honestly, the idea kinda scared me but I guess I'm always up for trying something new. I bought a bottle of Wright's Liquid Smoke and thought it would be a great addition to Pulled Pork. I just rubbed the pork with a mixture of Paprika, Garlic Salt, Dry Mustard and Brown Sugar (maybe a teaspon of each) and then placed it in the slow cooker. Then I poured about a tablespoon of Liquid Smoke on top. Immediately, I could smell the smokey flavor and it reminded me of a summer cookout! I let the pork cook on low for about 10 hours and the meat was falling-apart tender. This is definitely a great new way to make pulled pork!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...